Bravo Template Editor is an extension for Visual Studio Code that allows to edit and preview custom date templates for Power BI.
The template editor provides the following features:
- Generates the template package from the template workspace every time a file is saved in the src folder.
- Shows a preview of the template result by using Bravo connected to an instance of Power BI Desktop with a model compatible with the template.
- Only the files in the src folder should be modified in Visual Studio Code.
- Opens the Bravo Template Editor pane.
The Bravo Template Editor pane creates the connection to a Power BI Desktop model used to validate the template and generate a preview of the template result. The preview is updated every time a file is saved in the src folder.
- Chooses an existing Power BI Desktop connection. Browse opens a PBIX file with Power BI Desktop, waiting for the proper initialization and the connecting to that model automatically.
- Shows the preview of the DAX code generated for a table or a measure selected in the Model Changes Preview pane.
- Opens a Preview Data window showing the content preview of a table generated by the template and selected in the Model Changes Preview pane.
- Shows tables and measures created by the template. By clicking an object, the corresponding preview windows are automatically updated, unless they are pinned in Visual Studio Code, in which case a new window is created when a different object is selected.
- Shows a preview of the table content generated by the template.